Pre-Retreat Guide for Spain
We are delighted to welcome you to our Body & Mind Detox Retreat in Spain. Below you can find the instructions to finalize your reservation, and some important information to read through before your visit.
COMPLETE YOUR RESERVATION
If you haven't completed your reservation already, you will receive a separate email with that in mind.
If you haven't already, please email your flight details to email@example.com so that we can arrange the transfer time from Málaga airport. When we have everyone’s details, we will confirm the exact pick-up time — usually around 4-5 pm, when all flights have arrived.
Please let us know if your flight is delayed. One piece of luggage per person is all we can fit in the car (you don’t need more).
Keep Cristina’s number handy: +34 619120195 (by phone or what's app)
PICKUP AT MALAGA AIRPORT
We will pick you up on the second level Departure Hall, so please read this part carefully.
1. After you collect your bags at Malaga Airport, follow the exit signs into the waiting lobby, and stop there momentarily. Look around.
2. Then, rather than go outside to the right as the signs direct people, go through the waist-high gates straight ahead and, using either the elevator or the escalator, go to the Departure Hall on the second floor.
3. Once on the Departure level you can see Starbucks and the exit doors near Starbucks. Go outside and wait at the Starbuck tables.
4. Someone from Olive or a driver will be there to meet you at the pick up time. Because cars are not allowed to park there for very long, the car only arrives at the pick-up time. Also, make sure it is our transfer!
NOTE: Waiting for a pick-up after a long day of travel can be stressful, so take it easy, relax and breathe. Maybe you’ll want to have your last coffee for the week :)
Soon you’ll be with us.
If you arrive early you can take a cab, bus or train to Málaga, only 10 minutes away. It’s worth seeing the old town, the old Moorish market and the Picasso museum. Make sure to come back for the transfer.
Please print the health questionnaire by clicking on the button below.
Please fill it in and bring it to the retreat. We need it for your health assessment when you arrive. If you have any allergies or intolerances, or take more than 3 medications, please let us know beforehand.
We will be discussing the Body Detox Dialogue and the OO8 Mind Detox Dialogue in our daily classes. You can find them at the bottom of this page. If you can, bring these materials either printed or on your mobile device or laptop. If you have time go ahead and start reading them now, but it's not necessary. Bring any questions you might have.
WHAT TO BRING
- Travel light! You won’t need more than leisure clothes
- Trainers for walks and hikes
- Clothes for leisure, yoga & exercise
- Sun cream, in case you need it
- Personal toiletries (see below)
- Earplugs to sleep if you are sensitive
- Warm clothes for chilly mornings and evenings
- Cash for extra massages if you wish (one is included. Additional massages are €60)
- Pen and paper to take notes
- Last but not least, ALL the questions you might have
- Work (there’s no Internet in the rooms )
- Perfumed cosmetics
- Nail polish
- Clothes washed with excessive detergent or softeners that off gas (smell) and which interfere with the detox. Your sense of smell will improve with this detox.
- You don’t want snacks, drugs, etc, that could disturb the detox
- We provide towels
- Travel light, you won’t need much and we can only take 1 bag each for the transfer
Check the weather for your week.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Take great care, bring all your questions, what ever they might be
See you all very soon!
Cristina, Ray, and the Olive Team.
Body Detox Guide
Know what healthy means to you, and be it.
Your body is the best pharmacy you'll ever have. Unless you're suffering from a severe illness, no expert in the world can know better than your own body what it needs to be healthy, or what health is for you.
Recipes to transform fresh food ingredients into the most nutritious, beautiful and tasty meals possible.
Olive Retreat food has been described as awesome, amazing, incredible, nurturing, and art.