Olive Retreat is a very special wellness destination dedicated to teaching individuals how to become and remain healthy. Our strength is in supporting guests as they discover what health means to them, and how to achieve that in their lives.
We acknowledge and celebrate individual diversity, both on the cellular and vibrational (energetic) levels, and thus encourage authentic, enjoyable and informed lifestyle changes made by individuals. This is one reason so many of our guests go on to lead new and healthier lives after our retreats. That is to say, 96% of our guests continue their newly chosen lifestyle for up to 6 months after a retreat, and 82% thereafter.
Olive guides you to a healthier, more enhanced lifestyle as you dream and define it. There is no right or wrong, only different perspectives and observers. The only thing that matters is how you feel, and how you want to feel.
What does healthy mean to you?
The first and most important part of the detox process is to define what health means to you. All the healthy changes start there. Whether it’s the detoxing food, environments, thoughts and exercises, it all starts by discovering and then minimizing what makes you unhealthy and finding substitutes to make you healthy.
You'll learn how the body and mind work, or don’t work, in our hyperactive and toxic society, and how to read your body and mind signals. Ultimately, only you know what's right for you. We support you all the way, including with our “back home support" after you return home. In this way we can help you better implement your new knowledge, by turning any challenging environment into an opportunity you may have previously been unable to imagine.
The Olive Retreat Team
Olive Retreat was founded many years ago by a handful very diverse people who have lived and worked in many industries and places around the world. They would probably have been called "successful" at one point in time, but in spite of their success, or because of it, chose instead the path of health. Our story is just one of many similar stories about going from unhealthy to healthy. The real reason we are doing Olive Retreat today is not so much the story, but the questions we asked along the way.
Cristina - it starts with the gut, listen to it.
Cristina has an MBA in Economics from the University of Stockholm, and 10 years in the corporate world. After life took a surprising twist, she followed a new path and re-schooled. 25 years of experience with Ayurvedic and Orthomolecular Medicine, Ashtanga Yoga, Pranayamas and meditation later, Cristina is in charge of the Body Detox.
She has studied with some of the world's most well regarding leaders in the health industry.
Ray - What does that mean, really?
Ray has an MBA in Cultural Anthropology from Brandeis University, and 20+ years experience in academics and the corporate world, including at the Fortune 500 level.
He has lived and worked in the USA, China, Lesotho, Saudi Arabia and Thailand, visited more than 50 countries for pleasure and business, and studied meditation in Tibet, Nepal, India and Thailand. Ray is in charge of the Mind Detox.
When you're ready to get healthy for real, we're here for you
We don't believe in accidents or mistakes, largely because if any one of our lives is either, that would mean all those who we touch and are touched by, and all those touched and touched by them, and on and on ad infinitum, would also be a mistake, and that's just too improbable to be true.
So, you've gotten this far in your search. Consider taking the next step and honoring us with your presence, with who you are now and who you are becoming, and open a door you'll never wish to go back on.
What does retreat mean to you?
Is Retreat a noun or a verb? Do you read the word as a physical place, or a frantic departure?
In the former case you'd be correct to see Retreat as a restorative destination, and in the latter, a process of saving yourself.
Sometimes flight is our only hope, and when that flight brings us to a group of welcoming souls, whose journeys have been proven to be helpful to those from nearly all walks of life, and all manner of stressors, you'd be right to see Retreat - Olive Retreat - as a reprieve in motion and arrival.
In any case, this is what we include in an Olive in Spain:
- Cozy accommodation (single or double/twin room) without toxic chemicals, with pool.
- In Thailand we also offer the option of tents, still in a "premium" jungle setting 5 minutes form the village, (at least the we, the monkeys, the pea cooks, the deers and many others think it is premium)
- Airport transfer/round trip (1 bag)
- Health booklet + OO8 Mind Detox + Yoga Manual + Cookbook, etc
- Pre-health questionnaire study
- Personal assessment upon arrival (incl. Metabolic type/Dosha)
- All detoxing food (3 meals), snacks, smoothie and drinks (vegan, whole, clean, gluten free yeast free, sugar free, and individualised)
- Daily Yoga/stretching + meditation + breathing
- Daily body health classes/dialogues + exercises (latest science)
- Daily mind health classes/dialogues + meditation techniques + exercises
- Cooking/baking/smoothie classes
- Daily "natural" anaerobic and aerobic exercise in pristine nature
- 1 massage (more can be provided and paid in cash)
- A facial with all natural products that will make you sparkle (7 days only)
- 24h staff at venue and lots of time to talk and figure it out
- Personal recommendations upon departure
- Two months “back-home-support”, longer if you want (actually we usually end up becoming good friends :)
- Last but not least, actually it's the reason would you come...you get much healthier